Asus ROG Phone 2 recently launched at a salivating price tag of Rs. 37,999 in India. We know this price tag is too good to be true, but it is and Asus ROG Phone 2 is providing a boatload of features to users looking to buy a new flagship smartphone.
One of the key features of the ROG Phone 2 will have to the amazing 120Hz AMOLED screen, which makes it the first smartphone in the world to boast this display panel. It even offers a 1ms response time and 240Hz touch response rate, which is simply crazy.
While all that is great, there are not a whole lot of games in the Play Store that support frame rates upwards of 60 FPS, but we have got PUBG Mobile running at 120FPS on the ROG Phone 2. So, let’s not waste more time, and see how you can play PUBG Mobile at 120FPS on your ROG Phone 2 right away:
Run PUBG Mobile at 120FPS on ROG Phone 2
There have been rumors that support for higher frame rates, i.e 90 FPS and 120 FPS is coming to PUBG Mobile really soon. But, if you are eager to test it out on a smartphone that supports higher refresh rates – such as the OnePlus 7 Pro (90Hz) and ROG Phone 2 (120Hz), then we have got a nifty little hack for you. Just follow the steps underneath:
1. Download and install the TapTap app via this link. Then, search for “Game for Peace” (PUBG Mobile’s name in China) in the app store and install it.
2. Once you’ve installed the game, you will need to log in with either WeChat or QQ. It might seem like a chore but it’s actually quite easy to sign up and get started with the action. But, we are not gonna play a match right away, so close the game.
3. Now, download this “UserCustom.ini” file from Google Drive via this link on your smartphone.
4. Jump into your file manager app and copy the “UserCustom.ini” file from the Downloads folder. Now, here’s the complete path where you need to paste this file – “Internal Memory > Android > data > com.tencent.tmgp.pubgmhd > files > UE4Game > ShadowTrackerExtra > ShadowTrackerExtra > Saved > Config > Android”
5. Paste the new file and replace the existing “UserCustom.ini” file in this folder. Now, it finally is time to jump into PUBG Mobile and see the 90FPS and 120FPS options appear under the graphics settings. They just work with smooth and balanced graphics options, not HDR or other higher settings.
Note: You may need to toy around the settings a bit to see the new FPS options, which would be hidden at first but will make an appearance once you start the game. You can bring up the built-in FPS counter to see whether the game is running at a higher frame rate, or not.
6. Voila, you can now try out PUBG Mobile at 120FPS on the ROG Phone 2 and it’s one amazing experience.
Before you can parachute into a game, you may need to play around with the graphics settings to make the 90FPS and 120FPS options appear on your device. They might be hidden at first, but selecting “Smooth” graphics settings should make them visible and you’re free to play PUBG Mobile (better known as Game for Peace) at 120FPS. You can enable the on-screen FPS counter from Game Genie on the ROG Phone 2.
As for the gameplay experience, well, PUBG Mobile feels a lot smoother and snappy as compared to my Samsung S10e. You don’t get constant 120FPS as the same drops to around 80FPS at times – while driving or during gunfights, but it’s still better than your typical 60FPS or lower frame rates on other flagship smartphones.
Well, this is a quick tutorial to help you guys get a feel of how the 120FPS PUBG Mobile (Game for Peace) gameplay would look like on a smartphone which supports the higher refresh rate. If you’re going to buy the Asus ROG Phone 2 during the Flipkart Big Billion Days sale, well, don’t forget to test out this much smoother and astonishing experience.
Also, share your thoughts on the ROG Phone 2 in the comments below, letting us know whether you would pick it over the OnePlus 7T or not.
For Original Post Please Go To